Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chicken Coops

As long as I've been walking I've been stepping in chicken poop. I can always expect to have a chicken cross my path in my dad's yard. Dad has been raising chickens since he was just a kid and continues to breed and raise them today. We don't eat the ckickens or their eggs, making them more pet than practical. A few of the special ones got names like Henrietta, Francois and Dufus.

Francois

 I never understood the point of them but I think it makes an interesting hobby. Browsing the net the other day I came across something I thought was pretty cool; a modern-style chicken coop. There are several designs out there. Here are a few of the ones that stood out to me. I'm going to try to convince my dad to build one.

West Oakland Backyard Chicken Tractor
 

Catawaba Converticoops

Chicken Heaven


architectural coop Chicken Hipsters and the End of Days

Winnebago Coop

1 comment: