Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blue Bathroom

I wish I could gut my entire bathroom, unfortunately that's impossible but luckily the tub and sink are still in great shape...even though they we're originally installed in...I'm guessing...the 50s.
Came to that conclusion because the tub and sink look almost exactly like this:

Bathroom Ad circa 1952

I wish my bathroom looked like that...its really cute. Mine just has the blue tub, sink and toilet and the rest is a mess! Since I don't need to replace the blue fixtures I'm going to try and work with them. Currently the floor and wall in my bathroom need to be replaced. I'm thinking white bead-board for the wall, white subway tile for around the tub and hardwood floors would look good with the blue. Throw in some cute accessories and make it seem like the blue was on purpose. Inspired by the vintage ad...I put together this idea board...I can imagine enjoying a hot bath and a good magazine in a room like this:

Imagine all this with "cute" blue tub, sink and toilet

Mahogany Wood Floor, Lumber Liquidators; Rug, Anthropologie; Mirrored Chest, Neiman Marcus; Bamboo Mirror, Layla Grace; Yellow Wall Art, Z Gallerie; Silver Fixture, Neiman Marcus; Silver Sconces, Restoration Hardware; Silver Tray, Amazon; Candle Holders, Anthropologie, Hot/Cold Shower Hooks, Restoration Hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment