Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Art as Sweet as Honey

Honey is my adopted step-dog. She is my boyfriend's lovable/pesky yellow Labrador Retriever. 

Honey knows one trick...sit, but this trick only works if you're holding a bacon flavored Beggin' Strip. 

She's great at hello's, as soon as you walk in the door Honey comes barreling toward you and then proceeds to buck around in circles like a wild bronco. She also goes into these circle fits when you're trying to pet, brush, bathe, feed, scratch or put a leash on her...making all of these acts impossible. 

DO NOT sit down around her without your guard up because as soon as your butt hits the couch, Honey is ready to make you her personal body pillow. She's like a 3yr old who doesn't know the meaning of the word NO! 

Oh...and never leave a trash can unattended or its contents will be strewn throughout every room in the house. 

Sadly, many-a-socks  have lost their partner to the wrath of Honey.

But as much as she may drive me crazy she can easily regain my favor by simply looking the way she does. She has permanent puppy eyes that make you go "AWWWW, look at her!!" 
  
Another great Honey quality: She loves water as much as Kenny and I do. She's always down for a dip!


The Heart-Melting "AWW, Look at her!" face

Center of Attention
One of those times when her love of water came out at the wrong time...and her misunderstanding of NO!!
She has been known to leave some pretty ugly gouges in my poor legs from pouncing on the couch, but every now and then it's pretty nice to have a giant cuddle buddy. 


Okay, now that I've got the Honey spiel out of the way maybe this post won't seem too random. I think it would be cool to find a piece of art to put up in the house inspired by the resident pest queen of the house. Inspired by Honey here are a few pieces that I found:

Black Lab Print from Etsy here

Sleeping June on Etsy by: biffbangpow here
(Favorite)
 Five Labs Z-Gallerie
Black Lab- Z-Gallerie

 Funky Lab Painting on Etsy here


Print from art.com


Bed Time Print. here
This is hilarious & the way Honey would have things if she was in control




1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love the last picture! I feel the same way about my boyfriend's dog...dogs are great aren't they!? Honey is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete